Friday, July 16, 2010

Silence Noisy Pet Tags

Do you ever wake up too early in the morning to the sound of jingling pet tags? I went to the pet store this week to get some pet tag silencers. (You know - those rubber things that go around the edge of the tags.) Well I found out that the PetSmart and PetCo aren't carrying them anymore. And I couldn't find the shapes I needed online.

I found an article that talked about using a recycled bicycle tire but I was "fresh out" of tires this week!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Innertube-dog-tag-silencer/

I substituted a foam sheet from the kids craft department. (They're often called "foamies.") I bought one that had a peel-and-stick adhesive back.

Put your tag FACE UP on the front (the side without glue) of the foamie with the hole hanging off the edge. Trace around the edge of the tag. Cut it out and stick it to the back of the tag. Voila - Problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment