Monday, June 13, 2011

The Best Reusable Shopping Bag I've Found


I have been using these bags for two years. I was so impressed with the design that I wrote to Home Depot customer service to compliment them on the design!

Every time I shop someone stops me to ask about my bags. It finally occurred to me that I should post a review.

Here's what I like about the bags:

* They clip onto the edge of the cart. The only store cart I've found that they don't fit well is Target because the carts are so thick.

* The plastic clips lock together to shut the bag so your stuff doesn't fall out.

* They hold about 5 bags worth of groceries. (That means fewer trips when unloading the car!)

*The bottom of the bag is flat so it won't roll over when you are driving home.

* The construction is very sturdy. My bags have been used and abused for 2 years. I overload them all the time. They are made of thick fabric, have elastic around the opening, sturdy handles, plastic clips/rods reinforce the top edges.


Now I just hope some of the people I've talked to remember to go buy a bag and stop using plastic sacks!

They are usually stocked next to the self check-out at Home Depot for around $2.00 and are available online here:
TIPS FOR USING REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS:
*Stick a reminder note to your dash board to help you develop the habit of taking your bags in to the store. Mine said "Take Bags"
*Always carry ONE extra bag. That way you can put your full sacks on the conveyer belt at the checkout. Load your purchases in your extra bag as the checker scans them. It is faster for the cashier and for you.
* Carry a small bag that you can "wad up" in your purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment